- you feel stuck in life or relationships in some way, and you want help;
- you are interested in nonduality and you want to explore more, in a fresh, modern way;
- you are ready to play with life and work, and get the most from it all;
- you were looking for something else, and you came here by accident.
You are all welcome to stay and have a look around.
That is your birthright, and your gift to the world.
Because when your happiness is unconditional, it stands as your foundation for truly inspired living - whether as a campaigner, an entrepreneur, a creative, a caregiver, a partner, a leader, a teacher, an adventurer - as YOU.
Here's what I offer...
A one off zoom call or local meeting to talk about what you want to talk about. This can cover nonduality, resilient wellbeing, spirituality or normal life - anything within my scope. I use a variety of approaches, all focused on your needs. If you aren't sure, ask before you book.
Groups & Courses
From time to time, I'll host a real-time group, either online or in-person. There are also hybrid courses that you can follow at your own pace, with checkpoint conversations included. Moving forward, retreats (group and individual) will be offered here too.
My first book - quintessence - was published by River Grove in 2019. It offers a poetic journey through the nondual teaching. The Complete Book of Awakening was published by Thoughtful Raven in 2022. I also provide a range of merchandise with a spiritual or nondual inspiration, including my hand-drawn Lenormand card deck.
The Front of the Room
In any personal-spiritual development group, there is always someone at the front of the room.
But how they show up in the role varies dramatically.
Here are a few models:
- the ‘absolute dictatorship’, where the leader will reject, ghost or oust anyone who doesn’t toe the line
- the ‘tangled hierarchy’, which is like a covert dictatorship, and tends to be superlatively manipulative
- The ‘democracy’, where everyone gets a voice to the extent that nothing really develops
- The ‘from the floor’, where the leader is dominated by one or more group members
- The ‘wisdom transmitter’, where the leader sees themselves as having something special that the group does not
- The ‘time & place leadership’, where the leader steps forward for the job in hand, because they have the conceptual model, the articulation, and the teaching skills of demonstration, observation and critique – but when not working, they step back into the circle.
You can probably think of others, most likely hybrids of some of these.
And you’ve probably passed through groups with one or more of these models.
Have you noticed how you respond to each type of leader? When you are overawed by them, when you defer to them, when you run a mile from them, when you get frustrated by them, when you hardly notice them?
Perhaps you notice where your conditioning makes you seek out the leader who promises answers, gives instruction, or attracts you with a lifestyle? And maybe you dismiss the ones who hold space for your own exploration, whilst providing a map of the territory? Or the opposite?
In the end, all leadership can only be ‘time & place’, whether the teacher sees it or not. But if they can’t knowingly step in and out of that, they aren’t a good role model. And your attention and energy support them in continuing without change.
That doesn’t make it your fault in any way, shape or form. What we’re talking about here is finding the leader who is committed to accompanying you on your journey, with enough nudges to help you stay on your own path.
Someone once told me they wanted to write poetry like me. Which is a massive, but misplaced compliment. My heart sings that they write poetry like THEM now. And they don’t want to be anyone but themselves.
What sort of leader are you, and what sort of student? Who are you when you are at the front of the room, and who are you when it’s not your time and place?
The nondual teaching is like a painted sign on a clear glass door that from the outside says, “Bizarrely complex, hard to understand, bit woo,
The Trouble with Dreams
We so often buy into a dream. Into an ideal.
We buy into how we think things could be, should be, ought to be.
Awakening, Enlightenment & Ritual
Awakening isn’t fancy. It’s a basic as existence itself. It is no more an no less than self-realisation. And it allows enlightenment to become part
Why "Living Life Sideways"?
I have one aim: to empower you in uncovering the innate peace, freedom and joy that will guide you in the full-hearted living of life.
Living Life Sideways supports your journey to an ever clearer expression of your own highest ideals and insights.
With you on the nondual way,